Find Out If You’ve Had COVID-19. Get an Antibody Test Today.
TargetDx laboratory leverages cutting-edge technologies and leading scientific experts to deliver world-class clinical testing. We are pleased to offer COVID-19 antibody test utilizing an Anti-SARS-CoV-2 immunoassay or lateral flow for the detection of Spike (S) and Nucleocapsid (N) protein antibodies against SARS-CoV-2. If you are curious whether you have an IgM, IgG, and/or IgA response to your vaccine (S antibody) or from a past infection (N antibody), come take our COVID-19 antibody test.
Covid-19 Antibody Test
The COVID-19 antibody test allows you to understand if you have been infected with SARS-CoV-2 virus (the virus that causes COVID-19). When exposed to SARS-CoV-2 the body typically produces antibodies as part of the immune response to the virus. The antibodies are developed at least two weeks after exposure to the virus and can be detected in the blood several week to months post infection1-7. This type of COVID-19 test is for individuals who think they may have had COVID-19 and do not currently have symptoms. It does not confirm an active infection.
The COVID-19 antibody test has been approved to identify recent or prior infection to SARS-CoV-2 and it is not intended to diagnose a current infection or to rule out an active COVID-19 infection. The FDA has recognized that antibody tests “can indicate whether a patient has had recent or prior COVID-19 infection.”
How Can I Get This Test?
You can book your test at TargetDx.
When Can I Take the Test?
It is reasonable to conduct a COVID-19 Antibody test after 14 days of being symptom-free because most people will develop an antibody response in that timeframe. This test requires a simple blood draw.
Should I Get Tested?
You should take this test if:
- You are not experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- You have not experienced a fever in the past 3 days.
- You have had or suspect you have had COVID-19 and have not experienced any new symptoms in the past 10 days. The symptoms include fever, loss of smell or taste, difficulty breathing, feeling weak or lethargic, lightheadedness or dizziness, vomiting or diarrhea, slurred speech, and/or seizures.
You should not take this test if:
- You are currently experiencing or symptoms associated with COVID-19 or have been exposed to a confirmed COVID-19 individual in the past 14-days
- You have had fever within the past 3 days.
- You want to understand if you currently have an active infection with COVID-19.
- You have been diagnosed with COVID-19 less than 10-days.
Test Turn Around Time
Turnaround time for the COVID-19 antibody test is same day from the time the specimen is received in our laboratory.