SHOULD I GET
We Care About Your Health
TargetDx Laboratory leverages cutting-edge technologies and leading scientific experts to deliver world-class clinical testing. We are pleased to offer the COVID-19 diagnostic test utilizing Applied Biosystems TaqPath COVID-19 Multiplex Diagnostic Solution provided by Thermo Fisher Scientific. Please visit Thermo Fisher Scientific for additional information about the test.
COVID-19 Diagnostic Test
The COVID-19 diagnostic test allows you to understand if you have an active infection with SARS-CoV-2 virus (the virus that causes COVID-19). This type of COVID-19 test is for individuals who think they were directly exposed to the SARS-CoV-2 virus in the past 14 days.
Common Symptoms for COVID-19
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after an infection and may be mild or severe. People may have COVID-19 if they have: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
How Do I Get Tested?
You can request the COVID-19 diagnostic test through your doctor or healthcare provider. The test can also be conveniently requested directly at TargetDx Laboratory.
If you are experiencing symptoms associated with an active COVID-19 infection, please call your doctor office or healthcare provider.
Turnaround time for the COVID-19 diagnostic test is typically 48-72 hours from the time the specimen is received in our laboratory. We strive to turn around test as fast as possible and the turn around may vary due to high demand.
At TargetDx Laboratory we continue to scale up testing capacity on the PCR platform to keep up with the increase test demand.
Should I get a COVID-19 Viral Test?
You should take this test if:
- You are experiencing symptoms associated with an active COVID-19 infection or was in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- You can request the COVID-19 diagnostic test through your doctor or healthcare provider. The test can also be conveniently requested directly at TargetDx Laboratory.
- Please contact your doctor office or healthcare provider.
You should NOT take this test if:
- You have no symptoms and suspect that you had COVID-19 infection for more than 14-days.
- You want to understand if you had a past infection with SARS-CoV-2 virus (the COVID-19 Antibody Test is the appropriate test for past infections).
- You have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 10-days.